Strengthened for life® is a one day face-to-face program that provides participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to identify and support people who are at imminent risk of suicide. This course especially suits people who work in non clinical environments.
The course aims to increase participants’ capacity to respond to people at imminent risk of suicide by providing them with:
- Evidence underpinning suicidal behavioural patterns and precipitating factors
- Suicide and mental health statistics
- Exercises to consolidate understanding of personal and organisational values/beliefs and their impact upon suicide intervention initiatives
- Knowledge to identify persons at imminent risk – signs and risks
- Detailed communication tips, strategies and tools to support effective communication and intervention processes
- Practice sessions to apply acquired skills and knowledge to consolidate confidence and skills
- Knowledge and skills to refer to people to appropriate services and or supports.
Participants receive a participant booklet, wallet card, statistic card and banner pen.
This program can be delivered as a participant or train the trainer program. Accredited trainers receive a detailed trainer’s manual, including speaker notes, soft copy of participant resources and detailed evidence paper.
For more information contact:
Mobile 0414 726 826