Conversations for life® is a face-to-face, half day early suicide prevention training program. Conversations for life® provides participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to have conversations with others who are starting to show signs of distress, experiencing a personal crisis and or starting to withdraw.
This program can be tailored to suit audience’s unique needs and context.
This training program provides participants with:
- An awareness of the prevalence of mental health and suicide in Australia
- An understanding of life events and social determinants that impact mental health
- The skills and knowledge to identify signs and debunk social myths regarding suicide
- Tailored mental health conversation planning tools
- Problem solving and communication strategies that focus on mental health and suicide prevention
- A list of suitable referrals, support options and resources at local and national level
A pre and post evaluation is completed at each program.
All participants receive a participant booklet, wallet card, statistic card and banner pen. This program can be delivered as a participant or train the trainer program.
For more information contact:
Mobile: 0414 726 826