Conversations for life (C4L) shifts the dial from late stage suicide intervention to early suicide prevention.
This program aims to avert crises. C4L provides learners with the information, skills and confidence to be READY, WILLING and ABLE to have early conversations with people who are are vulnerable or starting to withdraw.
It has been developed by people with lived experience and thought leaders in wellbeing, mental health, suicide prevention and education. This program is evidence informed, succinct and practical.
- Prevalence of mental health and suicide
- Signs/behaviours that indicate vulnerability, including suicide ideation
- Risks (life events/social determinants) impeding well-being
- Debunking myths around mental health and suicide
- Protective behaviours/actions
- Tailored conversation planning tools
- Problem solving and communication strategies, and
- List of suitable referrals (services/community group/resources).
Learning Mediums and Duration
Mediums include videos, interactive stories, activities, and downloadable resources. It takes around 1-1.5 hours to complete.
Creators of C4L eLearning Program
ConNetica, a bespoke mental health and suicide prevention social enterprise, operational since 2007 and the Engage Research Lab (University of the Sunshine Coast) co-developed this online program. The Engage Research Lab, under the stewardship of Professor Christian Jones, is an internationally awarded creator of well-being and mental health digital solutions.