Chief Executive Officer- CQ Medicare Local
Taking a lifestyle choice to move to the Sunshine Coast, Jean was employed by the Sunshine Coast Division of General Practice in the role of Executive Officer with responsibility for the operation of the Division.
The Division employs 40 people with a budget of $5 million and has two areas of operation – providing services for GPs, practice nurses and practice staff within the Sunshine Coast and Cooloola areas and providing a range of direct services to patients, health promotion activities, community development and the provision of education. Services to GPs include IT support, dissemination of information, participation in government programs, mentoring programs, indigenous health initiatives.
Apart from managing the operations of the Division (responsibilities outlined below) Jean was responsible for the pursuit of new business opportunities and it became evident that the direct service delivery arm of the Division had the potential for the most growth. Additionally the Department of Health and other funding agencies were identifying more areas of funding in the direct service area than in the area of provision to GPs and the Division had the opportunity to develop a private practice as a revenue stream.
As a result Jean developed a wholly owned subsidiary of the Division to manage all the patient services and allied health services and currently act as GM. FOCUS employs 20+ clinicians and 6 administration staff, operates services from 15 locations and provides:
- Individual mental health counselling
- Group counselling for people managing a mental illness Individual and group
- counselling for people with a drug and alcohol abuse problem
- Individual and group counselling for young people 12 – 25 with a substance abuse problem
- A priority intensive therapy service for people at risk of suicide or self harm
- A range of allied health services for residents of aged care facilities
- Rural community development support services
- Mental health nursing in general practice
- Clinical education for health professionals and service workers
- A Type 2 diabetes preventative program
- Youth health programs
- Counselling for Veterans
- Preventative health programs particularly focussed on men and young people
Overall budget for the Division is just under $6 million with the FOCUS budget making up half of total budget. Jean's role encompasses all normal CEO roles including financial management, HR, new business, strategic and business planning, contract management, stakeholder liaison and reports directly to the Board.
Currently undertaking a Professional Doctorate on a transdisciplinary approach to educating adults Business Diploma (UK)
Graduate Certificate of Management
Fellow Australian Institute of Management
Bachelor of Psychology - partially completed
Genos Emotional Intelligence Trainer
Accredited Tafe Trainer
Accredited Belbin Team Roles Trainer
Accredited Advanced Myers Briggs Trainer
Accredited Covey Leadership Trainer
Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
Australian Institute of Company Directors Course